Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm home

Shane and I had the most AMAZING time while I was in Alaska. It was a second honeymoon for us! We went on two snow machine tours, snow sking for the first time, sledding at mindnight in 0 degree temps., Alaska Aces Hockey game and so much more. Here is a link to some pictures if you're interested! Click on the picture

Alaska 2009

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Bags are Finally Packed

I'm trying to decide if I should stay up or go to bed and sleep 4 hours. Considering I will be on a plane for 12 hours, I think I can catch a little nap or 2. I am SO NOT A MORNING person, so I am afraid if I go to sleep I will be late. So what am I doing now? Checking the updates on the volcano every 5 mins. It appears to be acting up again and holding out steady for a few days:( Please pray it doesn't blow tomorrow and I get stranded at an airport somewhere. I am SOOOOO afraid of this!

In Less Than 24 hours...

I will be on a plane flying to Alaska:) My flight leaves at 7 am in the morning. I am VERY Excited and VERY nervous. Both of these emotions together and giving me butterflies in my stomach. I am excited for one to be going back to Alaska and two, it will be like a second honeymoon for us. We have so many neat and exciting activities planned. Shane and I have not spent Valentines together in over 4 years. So, now to the nervous part. One of course being the volcano that still hasn't blown. It appears to be calming down some so I am praying the thing decides to go back to sleep. And then I'm nervous, worried, or whatever you want to call it about being away from my girls. My Mom is like another Mom to them so it's not that I'm worried about. It's just the fact of being away from them that scares me. Lastly, it is going to be sad when it comes time to say Good-Bye know Shane will be leaving for Afghanistan in just a few short weeks:(

Monday, February 2, 2009

Round 2

My kids have strep AGAIN!! They were still on antibiotics from last weeks diagnosis. Now a different antibiotic for 10 more days.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Alaska and the Volcano

Lord willing, I am leaving Friday morning to fly to Alaska for 9 days:) Right now, I am a little afraid because of the Volcano "Redoubt" that is expected to erupt at any time. The volcano is about 100 miles from Anchorage, however, the Ash could still be very harmful to those in Anchorage. Please say a little prayer about this. I pray that hopefully it "goes back to sleep", but if it does erupt I pray the wind is blowing in the opposite direction and no one will be affected by it. If it does erupt and the ash goes towards Anchorage, I pray everyone will be safe and unharmed.

Here is an interesting link.