Sunday, February 1, 2009

Alaska and the Volcano

Lord willing, I am leaving Friday morning to fly to Alaska for 9 days:) Right now, I am a little afraid because of the Volcano "Redoubt" that is expected to erupt at any time. The volcano is about 100 miles from Anchorage, however, the Ash could still be very harmful to those in Anchorage. Please say a little prayer about this. I pray that hopefully it "goes back to sleep", but if it does erupt I pray the wind is blowing in the opposite direction and no one will be affected by it. If it does erupt and the ash goes towards Anchorage, I pray everyone will be safe and unharmed.

Here is an interesting link.
http://www.avo.alaska.edu/volcanoes/volcimage.php?volcname=Redoubt

1 comment:

Robin said...

From the accouts that I read from some scientist, it's not "if" it erupts but rather "when" it erupts. The way the article read was that they were pretty positive it was going to blow but couldn't pinpoint an exact time. Be safe and get your goggles and dust mask as soon as you get off of the plane and keep them with you all the time. That's what they were advising people to do in the article.