Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy

Today would have been my Dad's 53rd birthday. The girls wanted to have him a "party". So, we got a cake, put some candles on it, and we sang Happy Birthday to Papa. They blew the candles out. They said, "Papa, I hope you're having a great birthday in Heaven." I went and sat in his swing for the second time since he passed away almost 9 months ago. Right as I did, it started raining. Later tonight, my Mom said she wanted to tell me something. My cousin, Kinsy, her son and husband were some of the very few people that saw Daddy in his casket. None of us even saw him, but her 8 year old son, begged to see him and wanted to put a card he had made for him in his casket, so she took him to the mortuary. Anyway, she called tonight after it rained and told Mom that that day, she talked to Daddy and told him if he could hear her to make sure it rained on his birthday. She hasn't mentioned anything of it until today. And it rained.

Daddy, we love you and we miss you so much!!! We know you are with us and you will never be forgotten!!!

No comments: