Saturday, January 15, 2011

I NEED Sleep

Kinsley is once again going through a "stage" of waking up crying several times a night. Sometimes she goes back to sleep on her own, but I usually have to get her atleast once a night. I thought it was because she was sick, but now that she is better, she is still waking. In fact, I think it's worse. She is teething, so I've tried Tylenol before bedtime, I've tried putting her on a blanket sleeper instead of a cotton one in case she was getting cold, tried running a humidifier, tried letting her cry (doesn't work because she will keep screaming and I can't stand it), etc. The twins never did this. Once they started sleeping through the night, they pretty much slept unless they were sick. After I put them in toddler beds they started getting up more, and climbing in the bed with me, but this is all new to me. Seriously, she wakes up more now than she did as a newborn. I can't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. It's been months I know. The joys of being a mommy, but I wouldn't change a minute of it:)

1 comment:

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

PJ goes through this sometimes when he's had either a bad nap or some change of pattern. Perhaps it might be night terrors, she's at the right age. When he gets up I just go back to the basics and give him a few ounces of warm milk back in a bottle (yes, probably reverting but it'll soothe her) and tuck him in like I'm putting him to bed the first time that night and turn the music back on or up a smidge. I just leave him in the crib with the bottle that one time and he tosses it out or it just ends up at the end of his crib when he's done. I've found no matter what I do sometimes its just going back to the baby steps that helps the most depite how old she really may seem... she is still a baby in many ways. :) I hear ya!!! Is it the stuffed nose?? Try the sucker thing, that always helps us.