Monday, December 8, 2008

Doctor, Prayer, and Pictures

My girls have had a cough for about 3 months now. Back when it all started the doctor gave them allergy medicine and an antibiotic. This didn't work. My kids usually act TERRIBLE at the Doctor and really embarrass me so that's why it took me so long to take them back. Anyways, the past week has been horrible for this, especially at night. The poor kids couldn't sleep, so of course poor mommy couldn't sleep. They would toss and turn, sit up in the bed, cough, cough, cough. So this morning, after being on hold for 15 mins with the doctors office trying to make an appointment for them, the lady says, "I'll transfer your message to a nurse and have her call you back." So a few hours later the nurse calls back. She said, "I need to go talk to the doctor and I'll call you back." Finally she called back and said to come in at 3:30, after I kept the kids out of school to take them. Keep in mind I called the first time around 9:30 am. Anyways, I threatened my kids lives before we went in that they better act right and not embarrass me. Thankfully, they did. She changed their allergy medicine to Allegra, gave them flonase to squirt up their nose, and augmitin (an antibiotic). I have to take them back in 3 weeks. If they aren't better she will send them to an allergist. Hopefully it works.

Tonight, Kelsey was praying. She said, "God, Thank you for taking my Papa to Heaven because he really needed to get well." I wanted to cry. They talk about him everyday, even my 2 year old niece, Sarah. The girls had to put up Papa's stocking on the mantle and they drew him a picture to put in it. One day, Kaley was begging my Mom all day to let her trace her hand. Mom finally sat down and let her. Kaley cut the hands out, cut a long strip of paper out, and stapled the hands to the paper. She made a hat. One of the hands she wrote, Joe, and the other she wrote Rhonda. She gave it to my Mom and said, "Nana, this is yours and Papas hands to remind you that when you're sad Papa is praying for you." Sarah keeps saying, "Papa is in the sky. He's resting! SHHHHHH!!!" We were going to eat at Logans this past Saturday and Sarah asked her Mama if Papa was going to be there. She told her, "No Sarah, remember, Papa is in HEaven." She said Sarah started crying, saying, "But I want to see him!" We all miss him so much but are comforted by the fact that he is happy and no longer suffering!!!

Now for the pictures. I haven't posted in a while so I'm going to go back until Oct.

Ok..more recent pictures to come. I'm really sleepy now!




















No comments: