Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Kelsey & Kaley

9 years ago, I was laying in the hospital on bed rest, just praying the twins would stay put just a few more weeks. I had had a complicated pregnancy from day 1 and was ready for the pregnancy be be over, but I knew they needed to stay put if possible. I had hyperemis the entire pregnancy and was in and out of the hospital so much, the nurses knew me on a first name basis and kept tomato soup on hand. I wore a Zofran pump, that allowed me to function in daily life without living in the bathroom floor. Even though, I still got sick, it wasn't as frequent. Of course, the pump had its effects too. Shane changed the small catheter that went into my leg daily, and my legs were swollen, black and blue. I had a personal nurse I had to call every day to let her know what I ate, how much I ate, if I had keytones in my urine (had to check every morning), how much I weighed, how many times I vomited, etc. I am thankful for the pump though, because life without it was almost unbearable, to the point they had ordered TPN for me which would have required surgery to place a port in my neck to feed me. Yeah, it was BAD! So, with all of this, I get the news I have pre-eclampia and was put on bedrest. At 32 weeks I was put on hospital bed rest. On Jan. 29, 2003 things turn a turn for the worst. MY BP was 220/110 and my labs were all over place. My nose started bleeding (never had a nose bleed in my life) and I was vomiting blood (sorry if TMI). So the doctor told me, "Ok, I think it's time to have these babies." I was wheeled to get prepared for the surgery and needless to say I was TERRIFIED and very emotional! At 3:36 and 3:37 pm I heard the tiniest, most precious cries in my life born 7 weeks before their due date.


I have some "just out of mommy's belly photos", but I didn't want to post because I know some just don't want to see that type of stuff. I love looking at them, mainly because I didn't even get to see them until they were several hours old.


My first ultrasound when I heard the doctor say, "OK Mom, here is Baby A (my reaction was huh??? Baby A??) and here is Baby B"
 


NICU team working with one of the girls.
 

 

 


Our first family photo
 


You can tell how tiny they were by looking at her compared to Chad's hand
 

 

 


Happy 1st Birthday
 


2 years old
 


3 years old
 


4 years old
 


5 years old
 


6 years old
 


7 years old
 


8 years old
 


9 years old
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: