Monday, January 16, 2012

Where or Where Did my little sleeper go?

I know for those of you following me on facebook know of the sleep issues my sweet little Kinsley has been having. For about 2 months now, Kinsley has slept through the night maybe 5 times. I have still yet to figure it out and maybe I never will. My twins never went through this. If they woke up during the night, they were usually sick. Yes, Kinsley has been suffering with pretty yucky allergies, but I'm still not sure that's why she is waking up. Maybe it all started with her waking up from being sick and got use to Mommy coming in her room and rocking her back to sleep and now it's become a habit? I seriously have no clue what's going on with her. The past couple weeks she hasn't been waking up as frequently, but when she does wake up, even if its 4 am, it's impossible to get her back to sleep and stay asleep. She was waking up at least once an hour but now it's a couple times a night, but she's awake way before her normal time. Here are things we have tried.

*Humidifier runs at night
*fan runs for white noise
*music
*pillow
*benedryl
*letting her cry it out
*rubbing her back
*I've become desperate at times and "GASP" even let her lay in my bed, but still doesn't work. She thinks getting in my bed means it's time to play on Mommy's i phone.
*warmer PJ's w/ cooler temps in the house
*warmer PJ/s with normal temp in house
*normal PJ's with warmer temp in house

If it's separation anxiety, then laying in my bed should fix it, right? But laying in my bed doesn't. She still squirms, cries and doesn't stay asleep.

Night Terrors? I don't think it's that because she is fully awake when she wakes up crying. From what I have researched, when a child has night terrors they are not fully awake.

Nightmares? Maybe

Hot or Cold? I've tried different things on that one, but still no results

Can't breathe? Possibility!!! We do use a humidifier in her room. I have been experimenting with and without nebulizer treatments and the few nights I have her the treatments, she slept through the night. So, did it really help or was it just coincidence? She hasn't been suffering as much with allergies the past week or so, but still breathing through her mouth.


Thyroid Levels out of wack? POSSIBILITY! We are scheduled for labs soon.

Maybe it's just one of those things that will hopefully pass. I have insomnia as it is, and add a restless toddler to it, makes nights very frustrating and makes me one tired Mommy.

I really hope my little sleeper that sleeps until 10:30 (when I don't have to get her up to take big sisters to school) comes back soon!! Any advice, suggestions, or ideas???




 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The McAndrew Family said...

have you tried propping up her crib/bed? Might help if it's a breathing thing.