Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So Worried

I am so worried about my Dad. He grows weaker and weaker each day. They decided at Duke they can not do the trial treament on him because his Bilirubin count is too high. It has been 4 weeks with no treatment and it can not be postponed any longer. He had 6 Liters of Fluid drawn out today. He had 5 Liters taken out 5 days ago, so that shows how fast his stomach is filling up. It is so scary. I was driving him to the hospital this morning to have the fluid taken out and he was struggling to breath and coudn't even catch a breath to talk. They doctor wrote a new order that he can have up to 6Liters taken out twice a week. The chemo that Dr. Yee can give him here is only a 20% chance of stopping the cancer. Please pray my Dad may be comforted. He has been miserable over the past couple of weeks with the fluid, the itching, not sleeping, shortness of breath, etc. Please be with our family and help us to be strong for him. Pray we can continue to keep our faith and allow God to take control. Thank you all so much!!

1 comment:

Christan Trotter said...

Plwase know that you are in my prayers daily! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately, but I think of you and your family daily. If there is anything you need other than prayer, please do not hesitate to call me!