Friday, September 5, 2008

Random Happenings

First and foremost I would like to Thank each and every member of our community, our church family, our extended family, and people we don't even know. It is AMAZING at the love, the kindness, the willingness to help, and the support of everyone since my Dad's illness. It is truely a blessing how people come together in a time like this. We were contacted yesterday and asked if it was okay for the Byrnes Band to dedicate their half time show to Daddy on the 19th. They want him to write a biography and are giving him as many tickets as he wants. The tears fell from all of our eyes. The Byrnes football team gave him a game ball earlier this year with all of their authographs on it. Daddy has been very emotional over the past few days. Yesterday he was crying a lot, espicially after he was told that about the band. Today he was very emotional because he said, "Who is going to take care of my mother when I die?" Gees, I am going to cry now. His Mom is 85 years old and he is an only child. Of course my Mama told him if anything happens to him that she will be taken care of. They had to postpone his treatment at Duke because his bilirubin was too high. He has been having more and more fluid over the past week. Last Thursday he had 3 Liters taken out (the max they could take), and by Sat. he looked like he was 9 months pregnant. Monday he went to the ER and they took 3 more liters. (he was still huge). Yesterday (Thursday) they took 5 Liters and again, it is already coming back. It is so hard seeing him get weaker and weaker each day. For those of you who know my Dad know his favorite things to do were eat and go to football games. Now, he can't do either. He use to weigh almost 300 lbs. Now he weighs 175 and that is with fluid in his stomach. We all know and I think we have accepted it as much as possible, that the medically, the odds are against him. However, none of us know what God has in store for us. I just pray that whatever happens, he will be comfortable and not in pain. His life is in God's hands. All of our lives are in God's hands. It is still hard knowing that he may not be here with us next year, but knowing that we have Christ in our lives to watch over us is such a tremendous blessing and comfort. My mind is so full of wonders and worries that I can't even function the right way. When I am driving I find myself missing turns, going the wrong way, etc. I know that there is a chance that I may loose the 2 most important men in my life over the next year, my daddy and my husband (deploying to Afganistan in Feb.) I find myself thinking, how will the girls handle that? They would be devastated. I try to think positive but sometimes I find myself just imagining life without the both of them. Please Please Please pray for all of us! Also, keep my Mom in your thoughts and prayers. She is such a stong and wonderful woman!
Okay, so next topic now that I am in tears. My little girls had their heart broken for the first time tonight. There is a stray baby kitten that has came here. The girls were playing with it tonight and my Mom told them they can't bring it in the house because we already have 2 cats and a German Shepard that stays in the house. The kitten was outside crying and the girls were heartbroken. Kelsey said, "You're such a mean mommy! I wish I had another mommy that would let me keep the kitten." :( I tried to explain to her why we couldn't bring the cat inside but of course they don't understand.
Here are some pictures of my girls and my beautiful niece, Sarah.






No comments: