Friday, August 29, 2008

A bug is floating around

Kelsey and Kaley have got some sort of nasty bug. Kaley came from from school on Tuesday with a fever but was feeling some what better on Wed. Kelsey came home with a fever on Wed. They were both complaining of headaches and that their neck was hurting. I was thinking, "OH NO!!!" We went through this exact same thing last year at the exact same time. Kelsey was put in the hospital for 3 days with what they thought was meningitis. THe poor baby had to have a spial tap and so many test. They never determined what was wrong. ANyways, her symptoms were fever, neckache, headache, and she was extremely lathargic. Okay, so I got sidetracked. Yesterday (thurs) they woke up with no fever but snotty noses. They felt good yesterday with the exception of a snotty nose, but during the night last night the fevers struck again! I didn't sleep because they didn't sleep. Poor Kaley tossed and turned so much. She started crying saying, "Mommy, I can't sleep." The child was buring up so I gave her Motrin, turned the fan on and just put a sheet over her to cool her off. She slept better after that. That was 5am. When I got her up for school at 6:40 am her fever had broke. She was all sweaty and sticky. Anyways...they were feeling okay this morning so I sent them to school. I hate for them to miss school already and it just started. But yet, I can't keep them out everytime they get a snotty nose either. Anyways...I pray they start feeling better. I try to avoid the doctors office as much as possible. My girls despise going to the doctor and are afraid, and they act TERRIBLE!!!!

No comments: