Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm in Shock...

at the conversation I had with my Kindergartners. Kelsey looked at me and said, "Mom, I have a boyfriend." Of course this got my attention. Kaley started laughing and said, "Well he wanted me first but then he picked Kelsey." I couldn't help but laugh at that comment but Kelsey went on to say..."He said he was going to kiss me, love me forever, and marry me. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said Yes." She then said, "I really don't want to kiss him so I might break up with him." This is not the entire conversation but to me the most fascinating. I asked her what break up with meant and she said, "not to want him anymore." I was in total shock that a 6 year old knows what "breaking up is" It was so hard for me not to laugh because they were so serious about the conversation. I just had to share this.

As for me, I am feeling some better. I went 3 days (fri, sat, and Sun) with no throwing up, but it did return on Mon. However, it has just been in the morning, and then I start feeling better in the afternoon. I went and had bloodwork done on Monday. They had a hard time getting blood because I was a little dehydrated and my veins tend to roll. So I have a yucky bruise from where one of the nurse dug and dug trying to get the vein before calling another nurse to try in a different spot. I had keytones and a little protein in my urine which was a little concern for the nurse. She consulted with a Doctor and she told her to tell me to drink 12 glasses of water a day and we'll recheck next week. Next week I will actually see a doctor and have an ultrasound so I'm excited about that. So, that's about it for now!

1 comment:

Medic Mom said...

Boyfriends - fun stuff. I'm sure their Daddy is none too excited! I'm glad you are starting to feel better! Do we know if its just one or two yet?