Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Girls Well Child Checkup

Kelsey and Kaley had their well child checkup yesterday. The girls are for the most part healthy and growing like weeds, literally. They doctor said they are the height of an average 7 1/2 year old and they just turned 6 a few months ago. They are at the top of the charts height wise. Of course, when you have a Daddy that is 6'7" I guess you're gonna be tall, huh? Weight wise, they are a little below average. My girls are tall and skinny as a rail. Really not a bad way to be though. It does make it hard to find clothes to fit them though.

The doctor referred them both to an Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor. They have HUGE tonsils, have trouble breathing through their nose , have sleep apnea (I think), etc. At night, you can hear them breathing all the way across the house, even with the TV on. They breath so loud at night, they are very restless, and often gasp for breath. They can't eat and breathe at the same time because they can't breathe through their nose. I've noticed this for quite some time but it's gradually gotten worse. So, she thinks they probably need their tonsils and adenoids taken out. I know this isn't a major surgery but the thought of my babies having surgery terrifies me. I know it will make them feel so much better in the long run though.

No comments: